Skip to main content

Reconciliation

Last August 11 is my 6th anniversary. Congratulation to me! Yet, sadly this is the second consecutive year I cannot celebrate it properly. This year just as last year, I was separated by distance from my wife, and I cannot pass it. Thus, besides bringing grateful feeling of the six years of blessings as man and wife, with two light of Kiran and  Sadeq in my little heaven, this anniversary also makes me blue.

This year August 11 falls at Saturday. Here in Syracuse, NY it delays 11 hours after one in Indonesia. Under my unintended ignorance, I that was waiting to say "happy anniversary" to my wife forgot that it was already 11 in Indonesia. So, I had to said that after she reminded me. It was annoying. I was waiting for it, and this earth spinning mechanism tricked me.

Today, I was also tricked by the time. After early breakfast at 4.00 AM in the morning, I fall asleep just after 4.40 AM. I woke up around 8.50 AM. As I have class at 9.00 AM, with an exceptional hurry, I rushed to the campus. After parking the bike on the bike slot, I found out that it was 7.20AM. I didn't know how did this happen. Time have given me a prank, again, to begin my week after the weekend.

This morning I read an article at yahoo.com about Marlyn Manson wrote FUCK YOU on his face. He did this under intention directing it to paparazzi who  waited for him at the airport. His act reminded me the feeling I had to the situations that I have just face. It is easier to blame others to the problems we have indeed.

I think people see more with their insight rather than with their view. We focus more on what we see as problems solutions, situations, and conditions. We see it all from our perspective that put us aside from the root of the problem. Rarely we see our selves as the problem, the cause of conflicts, the origin of hatred, etc.

The question is what have we done to evaluate our selves. what have we done to recalculate our share to today's condition. It does not have to be in a macro perspective, in micro instead. It is too easy to do it in macro. It is a few or too few. Yet, in micro, you have to analyze it deeper, "ledger by ledger" to use that long forgotten term of accounting. Furthermore, this process is called reconciliation.

When I began to think about reconciliation, I began to consider some ledgers of my life. I began to question whether I should do it as an accountant do, based on assets and obligation and capital, or should it be in a different ways. Further more, what are the events that I want to recognize in this calculation. There are so many events and situation that I already have. There are so many facets that I see and realize can be considered as parts of my total balance right now.

To calculate more, I consider there are several main accounts that have material sum. I can now imagine lists of accounts arranged in my ledgers. My life as a father, as a husband, as a citizen of Indonesia, as a Minang, as Citizen of the world, as a son, as a brother, as an uncle,  as a customs officer, as an Indonesian citizen, as an Indonesian in United States, as a Dalam Koto boy, and many more to mention some. After all, there are so many of them. 

I will just end this here, I might will continue (or not) in other writings. It is time for budgeting class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diujung Musim Gugur

Darah mengental di nadi, aorta menggelora, jantung terus saja memompa. Butiran-butiran keringat berlompatan dari pori, berhamburan, bercerabutan disela ramang. Tenggorok digorok parau, gurau kacau terjebak payau galau, ceracau di thorax dicekam diafragma Nadi menegang, vena membelintang, arteri menari dalam marche funebre , bukan Marionete atau Chopin, tapi Beethoven dalam trans. kau usap mukaku, kau usap mataku, kau usap wajahku, kau balut mukaku, ku pagut cintaku, kau hilang. Pilu.. Hanya bayang.. Hanya bayang.. HHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIII............................ Siapa menanam durja, Kenapa merajam cinta? Fana hanya kita kakanda, mungkin tak kala untuk kau senja, bisa saja hilang kau dalam sehasta, terra incognita di mana-mana, marre incognitum penuh nujum, kembara kenapa? apa yang kau cari cinta? Semesta hening memekak otak, mayapada ternganga menggelitik pelik, gagu didasar kalbu. Dulu ragu dan mas que nada ku lagu, night train berucap untukku. Saat itu g

Prudent Policy

They bear, in place of classic names, Letters and numbers on their skin. They play their grisly blindfold games In little boxes made of tin. Sometimes they stalk the Zeppelin, Sometimes they learn where mines are laid, Or where the Baltic ice is thin. That is the custom of (1st stanza of "The Trade", by Rudyard Kipling) Merchants always try to find ways of gain. They are as curious as a researcher, and also as sharp as a sniper. Opportunity is their focus of curiosity, and profit is their target. Their free attitude as well as pride confident are no public secret. Their activities are the heart beat of economy as well as society. Economic development is dependent to the trade unquestionably. Thus, if any body want to develop economy, they must develop trade. This state is also applicable to government in their effort to develop national economy. Developing trade cannot be done directly by the government. The independence of trade as well as their massive scope is